Wilmington fire sends two firefighters to hospital Friday morning



Delaware Online-


A fire in a Wilmington home sent two firefighters and one resident to the hospital Friday morning in the Brandywine Village neighborhood. 

Wilmington firefighters responded to the residential fire around 7:30 a.m. in the 200 block of W. 24th Street. Firefighters found heavy fire on the first floor of a semi-detached house, which then spread to the second floor and attic.


The home that caught fire was unoccupied at the time, officials said. However, firefighters removed a person from the basement of the adjacent dwelling. They were taken to Christiana Care's Wilmington Hospital for an illness unrelated to the fire, officials said. 

Two firefighters were also injured and were taken to St. Francis Hospital. 

The fire was under control by 8:40 a.m. With significant fire and smoke damage, it was determined to be uninhabitable. The adjacent home suffered minor smoke damage.  

3 views

Valuez Tv brings you News, Interviews, and more for the Tri-State area (DE,PA,NJ) Tune in to our Youtube, we host Live streams and post new videos Daily.

Have a story or tip? Contact us. 
Fill out your information below.
 

We appreciate everyone who supports Valuez Tv. We Thank everyone and we will continue to bring the best we can everytime.

-Valuez Tv

ValuezTv specializes in bringing News, Entertainment and Truth to your lifestyle.

1/1

© 2023 by Ad Men. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Instagram